This policy is valid from 12 September 2012
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by myself, Arely. This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
(To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org)
By entering any giveaway on this blog, you are agreeing to these Official Rules:
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the (50) United States who are eighteen years of age or older. All U.S., federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
a. FOR INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAYS: Open to eligible countries and persons eighteen years of age or older. All U.S., federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
2. SPONSOR: The Sponsor’s name and contact information will be provided on the applicable giveaway site.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Giveaway constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The start and end dates/times of each Giveaway (the “Entry Period”) will be posted on the Rafflecopter or on the giveaway site.
5. ENTRY: To enter a Giveaway, follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter or on the giveaway site. The number of times you can enter the Giveaway will be posted on the applicable Rafflecopter. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
6. WINNER SELECTION: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, The Fantastical World of Wonders (or Sponsor) will select the name(s) of the potential winner(s) in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period (winner(s) may be selected by other methods as described on the Giveaway site). The number of winners to be selected in a specific Giveaway will be posted on the applicable Giveaway site. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Potential winners will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their full name and mailing address within a specified time period. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification email, The Fantastical World of Wonders (or the Sponsor) may elect an alternate potential winner in his/her place at their (or the Sponsor’s) sole discretion.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNERS: Except where prohibited, the potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received. Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to use winner’s name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. PRIZE(S): The prize(s) (including each prize’s approximate retail value) available to be won in a specific Giveaway will be posted on the Giveaway site. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
9. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Giveaway Entities and Facebook from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Giveaway Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Giveaway Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
(Giveaway Rules copied and modified from I Smell Sheep.)
I choose the age levels of books by going to Amazon. If the age is not there or I disagree with it, I go to B&N. If the age is not there or I disagree with it, I choose the age level that I think is appropriate for the book. Generally, if I disagree with the age level chosen by Amazon and/or B&N, I will explain why.
I am in no way stating that that age limit holds for everyone, as each person matures at their own pace, and I cannot be held liable for the age limits, as they are subjective.
While I’ve made every effort to ensure that the information, blurbs, and details of a book on this site are correct, I do not and cannot guarantee that they are, and I therefore cannot be held liable for any mistakes pertaining to book information.
This blog claims no credit for any book cover images used on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyrighted to their respective owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and you do not wish for it appear on this site, please contact me with a link to that image and it will be promptly removed.
The views expressed by the author(s) on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of those who link to this blog.