Welcome to the book blitz for Carina Press! Carina Press now has a new New Adult genre! All of the following books are new adult 🙂
Because I have so many favorite movies, it wasn’t easy to narrow the list down to ten (and I technically didn’t). I also realized that they’re all over the place when it comes to genre. The only common thread is the romance. I’m a sucker for romance. So here they are in no particular order:
1. Pitch Perfect: I only recently discovered this movie at a friend’s recommendation and love it. There are so many things right about this movie; I don’t know where to start.
2. Bridget Jones Diary 1 & 2: My all time favorite scene is when Daniel Cleaver and Mark Darcy chase each other around the fountain in the second movie. Best. Scene. Ever.
3. Pride and Prejudice: I’m referring to the BBC version with Colin Firth. I’ve watched it quite a few times, mostly because of Colin Firth. The Hollywood version pales comparison.
4. The Hunger Games and Catching Fire: Hello, great story and who could go wrong with Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss. These movies definitely didn’t disappoint.
5. Frozen: This is my all-time favorite Disney princess movie. The themes are perfect for girls (yes, we don’t need guys to save the day), and a huge improvement over the earlier princess movies. And I love the soundtrack. “Let It Go” is my new theme song.
6. Easy A: I love Emma Stone’s wit in this and how everything snowballs because a rumor. The romance is great, too.
7. Dirty Dancing: Why can’t I dance like that? My attempts at ballroom dancing resemble those of Jennifer Grey at the beginning of the movie. And who can forget the hot sex scene?
8. Titanic: What isn’t there to love about this movie? The costumes and the historical details are amazing, and the story is heartbreaking. And let’s not forget Leonardo DiCaprio.
9. Grease: I saw this movie when I was a kid and living in England. My family moved a year later to Houston, and I was surprised Houston was nothing like the movie. No one mentioned that the movie took place in the 50’s.
10. Princess Bride: This is a classic that I still love. Best line ever: “As you wish.”
What are your favorite movies?
Matthias Robichaud is looking for an alliance. The Defiance motorcycle club is a stronghold in the dangerous world that’s become the new norm and he’s driven to prove he’s tough enough to be sworn in as a full member. But when he sees a beautiful, spirited girl abducted by a rival MC, rescuing her jeopardizes all he’s worked for.
Politician’s daughter Jessa Everson knows what’s expected of her—obedience, loyalty and silence—but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t fight when she’s kidnapped by the Lords of Vengeance. Having Matthias save her is like gaining an avenging angel in leather and tattoos. But Defiance is known for brutal justice, and she may have just traded one bad situation for another.
Matthias’s urge to protect is too strong to ignore, no matter how much trouble Jessa brings to Defiance’s gates. There’s no room in the post-Chaos world for weakness so if Matthias and Jessa have any chance of surviving, they’ll need to put their full strength behind the MC…and hope that the MC will do the same for them.
Bri Martin likes her skirts too short, her heels too high, and trouble close at hand. So when big, brooding underground boxer Luke Turner comes into the bar where she works and starts a fight before she brings his first drink, she can’t help being intrigued. Luke is everything she never wanted and everything she can’t resist.
Soon, Luke is showing up everywhere Bri is, and she can’t break free of his hold on her, nor does she want to. When her best friend turns on her, it’s Luke who is there. When Luke’s opponent comes after her to send Luke a message, it’s he who comes to her rescue.
Before Bri knows it, she’s caught in the midst of a rivalry between her boyfriend and her boss, both of whom are not content to settle their scores inside the ring. She swore she’d never live this life, so like the one she once ran from. But only by confronting her past can she decide where her future lies…and whether Luke can be a part of it.
Amber Scott should be enjoying life as a college freshman. She should be pursuing her dream of becoming a veterinarian. She should be working hard to make sense of her precalculus math class.
She shouldn’t be waking up her college roommate with screaming nightmares. She shouldn’t be flashing back, reliving the three weeks of hell she barely survived last year. And she definitely shouldn’t be spending time with sexy player Marcus Reid.
But engineering student Marcus is the only one keeping Amber from failing her math course, so she grudgingly lets him into her life. She never expects the king of hookups will share his painful past. Or that she’ll tell him her secrets in return, opening up and trusting him in a way she thought she’d never be able to again.
When their fragile future together is threatened by a stalker Amber thought was locked away for good, Marcus is determined to protect her. And Amber is determined to protect Marcus…even if that means pushing him away.
My name is Taylor, and damn but my life changed overnight. One moment I was just a regular girl working two jobs to pay my bills, and next thing you know, I’m uncovering secret metal disks at my boss’s house. Now I’m reading minds, dream-walking and being saved from bad guys by Mr. Dark and Brooding.
That would be Ryder Langston, my new next-door neighbor. He’s sex on legs, but he’s also a secret agent from another world—no joke. I believe him now, because he dragged me back here “for my protection” after he discovered someone was trying to assassinate me on Earth. It isn’t working out so well.
There’s a war going on, one that’s been fought for generations. Ryder’s having trust issues (not that it’s stopping us from falling into bed), and it turns out I’m connected here, if you know what I mean. The target on my back finally makes sense, but there’s nowhere left to hide…
About the Authors
New York Times Bestselling author Stephanie Tyler writes what she loves to read – romantic suspense novels starring military heroes and paranormal romance novels novels starring warrior heroes, all complete with happy endings. She also co-writes as Sydney Croft. She lives in New York with her husband, her kids and her crazy Weimaraner, Gus.
For more information on Stephanie, please visit www.stephanietyler.com or email her at email@example.com.
For more information on Sydney, please visit www.sydneycroft.com or email Sydney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kristine Wyllys, who usually answers to, “Hey, You! With the Hair!” was born in the north and now resides in the northern version of the Carolinas. She lives in a farmhouse older than she is, with a bunch of property that makes her spontaneously break out in Dixie Chicks songs every time she looks out the back door. She’s got babies, books, a boy that she fell in love with at 15, and a dog that might be a lesbian. She spends her spare time naming chickens after Harry Potter characters, breaking smart phones, and blogging.
Prizes – Open INT – 2 winners will win this prize pack:
-Ecopy – Stephanie Tyler – Redemption: A Defiance Novel (book 2 in trilogy)
-Ecopy – Danube Adele – Quicksilver Dreams (book 1 in Dreamwalkers series)
-Ecopy – Kristine Wyllys – Wild Ones (book 1 in The Lane series)
-Ecopy – Stina Lindenblatt – Tell Me When (book 1 in new series)
-One $25 Amazon gift card